Mountain biking holiday - Week agenda
See below for an example week mountain biking with us. In reality though we offer a smörgåsbord of mountain biking goodness! Each group we've had has different needs and wants. If the example week below doesn't quite hit the spot, take a pick from the options list here, to tailor your mountain biking holiday wishes.
- Up and Downs in the Wilder Kaiser - you'll have to work for the downhills, but trust us they are well worth the climbs. Tight singletrack that goes on for what seems like ages.
- Skiwelt trails - a daunting number of trails are accessible throughout the vast Skiwelt lift system, there will still be a bit of climbing but far far more downhill trails.
- Kitzbuehel freeride - all on the extended lift pass, the Kitzbuehel freeride trail is there to test you with rooty descents and wickedly rocky sections.
- Bike Park in nearby Leogang - one of only eleven Kona Groove approved Bikeparks in the world is a great day out, hiring a big rig would be advisable to get the most out of this great day.
- Gentle routes in the valley - a huge network of graded routes are available in the valleys, taking you to alpine lakes and great little restaurants.
- Trip to our mountain hut - enjoy the remoteness of waking up at our mountain hut (Alm) at nearly 5,500 feet. Then taking on our private trail back down into the valley bottom.
Day 1 - Saturday
We will pick you up from your chosen airport and take you to the farm. On arrival, bags will be dropped in rooms and if you fancy, you can take an introductionary ride of about an hour or so just to get you acclimatised. We will show you the local village and the best places to get a bite to eat before trying a little bit of Austrian singletrack. return to top
Today we'll be taking in the mountain range known as the Skiwelt. Here we can either speed up on one of four cable cars or the funicular train that goes from bottom to top of the range in under five minutes. If you don't fancy the easy option then we can all test our fitness and try one of the many quiet hairpin tracks to get us to the top. Then downhill, we can take in the meadows, single track and forest drops over old twisted roots. It is not uncommon to clear over 15,000 feet in descents if you don't fancy stopping at the countless number of mountain huts for some beer and wiener schnitzel. return to top
A great day trip. We climb up through paths in Manu's parents farm, into the woods. After navigating through this playground, we will come out by a picturesque mountain lake. After relaxing awhile we head further up the Wilder Kaiser mountain range to a mountain hut where we can stop for lunch. I heartily recommend the home made sausages and home brewed beer. From here it is a matter of choice. Either a steep technical descent or a relaxed coasting trail all the way to the back of the farm. return to top
Our legs might be feeling it a little bit by now, so today is the designated rest day. If you are still full of energy, either use your pass to explore the mountain range further or we can arrange one of the many outdoor activities in the area. These ranging from canyonning to paragliding, or if it has all been a bit too much, we can check you in for a sauna and massage at the Kaiserbad complex. return to top
We are lucky enough to be able to give you the opportunity to stay at a mountain hut (alm) in the stunning location of Kitzbuehelhorn (dependant on weather). The day will have to start early as we have to climb (or take the cable cars) across two mountain ranges. If people fancy we can stop off in Kitzbuehel to see this picturesque town before hitting the tracks again. This time we can traverse the Kitzbuehelhorn to the alm where you'll be treated to some stunning views. Whilst you are all relaxing, the chef, yours truly will put together a b-b-q Austrian style. return to top
After all that hard work getting to the hut, we will pick out the best single track we can offer all the way back into the villages in the valley. We will find somewhere for a bite to eat then head back over to the farm for a well earned rest. return to top
More playing in the Skiwelt. We will find the little unexplored paths to keep you entertained. If you fancy trying something different, we can take a half hour ride to a specifically designed bike park. Here you can don your protective gear and pretend to race like Steve Peat to your heart's content. return to top
Day 8 - Saturday
Alas it's time to go home, maybe one last chance to get out in the morning for a quick hour's hack, then we'll drop you back at the airport with tired legs, a daft bikers sun tan and a few stories to tell your friends. return to top