Mountain bike holiday - Beginner routes
fun forest paths • short climbs • beach volleyball • practice your skills • marked trails
|route time||3/4 day||skill level||beginner|
|min. altitude||725m||max. altitude||821m|
|total ascent||10km||vertical ascent||244m|
|total descent||7km||vertical descent||244m|
- follow gentle cycle paths (with a couple of surprises thrown in) to the local village.
- enjoy the local village before heading on to the nearby swimming lake.
- easy flowing mountain bike trails through the woods.
- short climb to the lake where the day can be spent swimming, playing beach volleyball or just relaxing.
- pass by chalets with balconys full of flowers before enjoying bumpy rooty singletrack in the woods.
- more weaving through the small trails in the wood before heading back to the farm.
if you'd prefer to do more mountain biking than sunbathing then no problems, we can combine the valley cycle trails into longer routes without having to do lung busting climbs to the tops of the mountains.
I was a bit hesitant to begin with, not being the fittest guy in town. But a really enjoyable holiday (the ski lifts definitely helped). Lovely views, fresh air, beautiful weather and excellent food even half way up a mountain.
Steve, Hemel Hempstead
trainee speed merchant