Continuing our black and white photo theme. Here is another stretch of singletrack that we enjoy on a daily basis. Cutting its way down the mountain side past an alpine lake. Technical, rooty singletrack mountain biking, the way it should be done.
Quite a lot of interesting bits and bobs to read this week. We have a review of some of the latest bike eye candy as well as tutorials and other bizarre mountain bike articles.
- Everybody can do with learning a few more skills and Scottish national downhill coach Chris Ball has put together a Training / Skills DVD that might be of interest to you. Otherwise read part to of Mountain biking with 198 and see their tutorial.
- If two wheels isn’t hard enough check out this unicycling report, shame there are no photos but the links at the bottom of the second page are great, here’s one of you want to cut straight to the action.
- We don’t often put in mountain bike reviews but couldn’t resist with this one. Hopefully the next 5-10 years will bring on a load more fantastic looking bikes like the Specialized SX Trail II
- We like to see what the loony folk are up to (we are only jealous!) and this great footage of Red Bull Rampage 2008 hits the nail on the head perfectly.
- Trail building is something that we’ll be looking at closely in 2009, here is an interesting article of a postman that decides to take a year off to build some mountain bike trails.
- If you like giving you option why not vote in the Singletrack Magazine Readers Awards this year. What’s you favourite new mountain bike, or your favourite photo of 2008?
- Finally, something a bit quirky. Trading in old bike parts? why not, you could make a penny or two.