The sun continues to shine down in the Skiwelt. Little new snow has arrived in the last couple of weeks but the low temperatures means the snow is great on the slopes. A little hard, but great for carving in style. There have been some truly stunning views, especially on a couple of days when we had to break through the cloud layer to reach the top of the mountains.
We admit mountain biking takes a back burner in the winter months – not surprisingly as it is far too cold to ride and the snow sort of makes the going a little tough. However, we’ve been hoarding a load of interesting links to share with you for the new year.
- Just down the road from us in Leogang – the White Style slopestyle comp is due on the 30th Jan.
- This year we will be talking more and more about the Intense bikes, here is their latest offering.
- We’ve been following mountain biking by 198 for a while now and the quality of the articles are fantastic. Here are parts 3, 4 and 5 of the ‘how to become a better mountain biker’ series. Also, have a read about cycling in the cold, it’s a great article.
- A good gadget review will always find its way into our news items. The Garmin eTrex Summit HC High-Intensity Color Mapping Handheld GPS (what a mouthful!!) looks the bees knees though.
- Oops! a little late for your Christmas list but you might enjoy looking through these accessories. If you want to give a present why wait for Christmas time!
- I never realised that sheep could be so dangerous.
- We’re not the sort of people that like to hang around in gyms, outside is so much more fun, but we had to, we’d probably want to use this machine.
- Congrats to Rachel Atherton for her BBC sports award.
- Blind mountain biking – absolutely incredible.